August 11, 2014

Karl's BorB Report Logo Headingcaution

THE BULL OR BEAR DAILY REPORT

By: Karl Hormann

 (BTI:  Bull or Bear Trend Indicator Signal)  

***

NOTE: NEW MINI-TURBO PORTFOLIO (SEE BOTTOM OF NEWSLETTER).  RETURNED +70%+ in 2013; 

***

BTI Signal:  CAUTION
Changed to 100% Cash on Aug 6th, open

(Using QQQ & IWM)

****VACATION SIGNAL UPDATES ONLY***

MY REGULAR BULL OR BEAR REPORT TO RESUME ON TUESDAY THE 19TH,  WHEN I RETURN.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

 

August 11th –Abbreviated Vacation Update.

 

SIGNAL – Our BTI Signal is in full “CAUTION” mode. Our BTI System allocated funds are 100% CASH. This trade is only for our BTI signal allocated funds. (I allocate 1/3 of my account to trading along with the BTI Signal.) The rest of the portfolio is made up of Long Term Core holdings which we do not sell, like IYM, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), CVY, DVY, IWD, etc…   We continue to hold all Long Term CORE positions.

Short Term Trend Oscillator, Today:   .84 (heading back up)

8/11: .79,    8/7: .77,     8/6: .80,     8/5: .81,     8/4: .84,      8/1: .84

 (.65 oversold to 1.6 overbought range)

 

Remember, I try to hold off on adding to any Long Term Core positions with cash you may have until the short term trend oscillator reaches under 1.0, bottoms and starts to rise again.  I have seen this indicator bottom at .98 and I have also seen it bottom at extreme selling in the past 15 months near .67.  So it’s up to you where you decide to nibble and add at your Core positions.  But as long as it’s near an oversold area I would not worry since these will be multi-year or decade holdings.  Just watch the short term trend to pick your spot.

 

Check out my many recommendation at the bottom of my report to get ideas on what you could pick from to diversify your portfolio.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

*We continue to hold our Long Term Core holdings which should account for about 66-70% of your portfolio.*

 

Note:  My portfolio is made up of 70% Core long term positions with dividend paying ETF’s and stocks, Gold/Silver per my sample portfolio & the other 30% to my BTI Trend signal.

The 30% of my portfolio that is dedicated to the BTI signal I trade 50/50 between QQQ & IWM (Russell 2000 etf) so half of my position has less exposure to Apple and more exposure to smaller cap stocks.  IWM will usually appreciate higher during Bull markets that we expect to be continuing like the one at the moment. Depending on the size of your portfolio you can cut down your holdings to less until the funds grow or you continue to contribute to your savings/investment account.

** Any last minute evening Signal changes will be emailed to you by 7:30am the next morning via auto alert update.

 

*****TURBO MINI PORTFOLIO STRATEGY*****

Check out my new mini portfolio below called TURBO MINI STRATEGY.  It’s a purely mechanical computer generated investment model that picks superb S&P companies that have positive cash flow, positive earnings, accumulating interest and are leaders in the S&P for growth. This is a bit more of an aggressive portfolio, but if you have a large investment account then it could be a great way to supercharge a portion of those funds.  Last year in 2013 it only made about 6 trades and currently holds the 5 stocks listed below.  I will list the changes as they occur in 2014. Of course past performance is no guarantee of future results, but if the Fed will continue to print to infinity or face collapse, you can guarantee these monster growers will continue to accumulate the worlds growing cash supply and cause their stock to rise further.  And if one company fails to perform or falls off of its many growth criteria, that particular holding gets cut and replaced with another up and coming company.  I’m very excited about this new addition to our Bull or Bear Report.  Good luck, stay diversified and invest safely.

I will update these as changes need to be made. I will make a note at top of newsletters to changes to TURBO MINI PORTFOLIO.

TURBO Mini Portfolio G/L for today 8/11/14: +.87%

Portfolio Gains from 1/1/13- 8/11/14:   +75.71%  (live trades)

UNP: Union Pacific, (1.94% Dividend Yield) Long 3/25/14 @ $188.56   +5.61% 

AZO: Autozone,  Long 11/12/13  @ $448.27    +17.22%

AAPL:  Apple, Long 8/12/13  @ $457.03   +47.02%

BX: Blackstone Group, Long 6/27/14 @ $33.11   +1.78%

Holding 20% Cash for 5th slot for now.

 

(Portfolio Graph I will post each weekend.)